How NFTs Can Be Used to Drive Innovation in Education
October 7, 2022
HyperNest Podcast is a series that will be released every month. In this series, we will meet Web 3 founders worldwide and chat about their challenges, struggles, and also epic wins. Don’t forget to follow Hypernest for the valuable sharing of these pioneers!
Filipe Pereira is the co-founder of Crowdclass, a company that is revolutionizing online learning with NFTs. In this episode, we take a look at how one web3 startup is using blockchain technology to drive innovation in the education space. By using NFTs (non-fungible tokens), this company is able to create a more secure and efficient learning environment for students and educators alike.
01:04 Filipe‘s vision and the value behind the tech
– Filipe‘s vision is to create a user-owned certificates and credentials network that allows public recognition.
– Using this technology, people can get recognition or visibility or proof of learnings on online courses.
04:03 About Crowdclass and its usecases
– Crowclass is a tool for educators in schools to easily create and send digital badges and certificates as NFTs with community acknowledgment.
– People can use these credentials potentially to apply for jobs.
– How to address the problems related to the token.
16:54 A bird’s eye view of Crowdclass’s future potentials
– How Crowdclass can help to address certification frauds.
– Examples of how Crowdclass could be applied to real life.
– Other possible applications for Crowclass.
24:34 Filipe‘s past struggles, achievements, and tips to other entrepreneurs
– Filipe‘s process to choose a purpose, identify a path, and focus on making the right decisions.
– His thought process and some problems with perception perspective and fundraising, especially during a bear market.
– Tips for first-time founders.
– The formula to get accepted to the Techstars accelerator program.
– Communicating his reflections and learnings to investors.
51:41 Chains and protocols
– Filipe talks about Polygon and follows Opensea as the largest player in the market.
– Building on NEAR because of its vision regarding usability.
– How Filipe gets a NEAR grant.
59:50 The future of Crowdclass and some tips for new Web 3 founders
– Crowdclass has just released its private beta.
– Filipe talks about how new Web 3 entrepreneurs should build their war chests, focus on existing problems and stick to their convictions.
Hypernest is an accelerator DAO supporting ambitious web 3.0 founders to create a more equitable digital world. Apply to join at https://hypernest.xyz
Want to share your startup stories? Signup to be on our podcast on our website.
Find all podcast episodes at https://hypernest.xyz/podcast
👉 Follow Hypernest
#Hypernest #web3 #startups #interviews #Decentralized #Finance #Blockchain #DeFi #NFT
How NFTs can be used to drive innovation in education
Filipe Pereira, co-founder of Crowdclass
Oct 7, 2022
How geolocalized NFTs bridge technology and real-world experiences
César Suárez, founder of Svenir
Aug 24, 2022
Listen & Subscribe our podcast